Source: Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce
- Four 6- to 7-ounce portions thick pieces of cod or sustainable meaty white fish of choice, OR four 6- to 7-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon juice
- A splash of white wine or dry vermouth, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, or ¾ cup drained semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, crushed or coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion or 2 shallots, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops
- 8 thin slices lemon
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Season fish or chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk up dressing (EVOO, lemon zest and juice, white wine, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano), turn the cod or chicken in it, and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes if you have the time. Combine feta, tomatoes, olives, onions and parsley tops with a fat drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper. Fill bags or top parchment with a bed of these ingredients, then top with fish or chicken and sliced lemon, roll tightly to seal and roast 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve in pouches.
Source: Jamaican Style Curry Chicken
This banana bread recipe is moist and delicious, with loads of banana flavor. It’s wonderful toasted! TIP (1/2 c brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar, 1tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1tps baking powder. Reduce temp to 300 degrees for 65 mins)
Source: Banana Banana Bread
This recipe is easy to make and tastes great. Amounts can be adjusted to suit individual tastes to make it more or less sweet and spicy. Black bean paste can be used in placed of the peanut butter. Goes well with chicken, pork, beef, wild game and dim sum.
This easy but elegant entree first appeared in “Quick Cooking” magazine. Someone posted this at the Somersize website, which is where I found it. I usually have this over a bed of fried spinach or zucchini ribbons.
Mix about a cup of crab meat with a little cream cheese, a little mayo, some chopped green onion, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper, and chopped fresh dill. Popped it into phyllo shells that I bought at the store. (I set them in a mini muffin tins, but you could use a cookie sheet.) Sprinkled with Old Bay. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes