Source: Strawberry Love Notes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 regular & 1/2 light)
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/3 cup raw sugar & a couple Splenda)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream ( I use light sour cream)
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained – can sub Hominy
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
Important to have the butter soft & the eggs room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I use a large serving fork. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of dried onion and a tablespoon of dried green/red peppers (not the hot kind).
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish or 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until set and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. It usually takes at least 50 to 55 minutes when I bake it in a 13X9 inch glass pan. I turn the pan once at about 35 minutes.
- Enjoy! BTW – You can always leave the sugar out or use less if you’d like.
Three Bean Salad Recipe
Prep the onion first. Soak the chopped onion in a small bowl of water to take the edge off the onion while you prep the other ingredients.
For the salad:
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup), soaked in water to take the edge off the onion
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup loosely packed, fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped rosemary
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Make the salad: In a large bowl, mix the 3 different types of beans, the celery, onion (drained of soaking water), parsley, and rosemary.
2 Make the dressing: In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
3 Chill and Serve: Transfer the salad to the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing. Let come to close to room temperature to serve.
All pizza-lovers must try these top gourmet pizza recipes, including BBQ Chicken Pizza, BLT Ranch Pizza, Grilled Breakfast Pizza and more at Genius Kitchen.
There’s enough dough for one more pizza, so freeze the extra. The vital wheat gluten flour is high in protein and helps create a chewy crust. It’s sold at some supermarkets and natural foods stores. Bread flour will also give great results.