Another 5 in 5 for the win!
Make and share this Overnight French Toast Casserole recipe from Genius Kitchen.
Another recipe with praline topping
It’s always best/better to use slightly “stale” bread, aka bread you leave out for a few hours to dry out just a touch. This is much more likely to soak up all those delightful flavors & ingredients we then pour over it. The “denser” the bread it, the better. Such as Italian bread, which is a bit more lovely than french baguettes, for example.
Source: Pesto Chicken Pasta
You guys love easy chicken recipes––I fully realized this fact when I posted this one-pan roasted lemon chicken recipe a while back and The Woks of Life readership went crazy for it. Since then, I’ve been dreaming up new ways to cook entire meals using just one pan, and this Mediterranean Chicken Thighs recipe may just be …
This recipe is from the book Low Fat Lies. It is simple and if you use frozen cubed chicken breast, all the ingredients can be kept on hand, so it makes a great meal when you didn’t shop. Dont take the quantities as gospel – change them to meet what you have (or like).It is not necessary to thaw frozen cooked cubed chicken.
Pro tip: I used chicken thighs. TJs jars of roasted red pepper and kalamata olives.
Another Version: Mediteranean
Wolfgang Puck shares some of his famous recipes.
Source: Wolfgang Puck Recipes! – FABLife
Yield: 6 servings
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, peeled, thinly sliced
• 4 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeno, halved, seeded, minced
• 1 cup drained pitted green olives, sliced
• 1/4 cup drained capers
• 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• 6 fresh red snapper fillets, 1-inch thick
• 2 tablespoons chicken broth or fish broth
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
• Lemon or lime wedges
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until garlic begins to sizzle, about 1 minute. Add the green onions, jalapeno, olives and capers; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reduces slightly and smells fragrant, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, season fillets on both sides with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Heat another skillet over medium-high heat; add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the fillets and sear for 2 minutes. Flip and place in oven, set pressure valve to seal and lower sealing lever. Finish cooking for 6-7 minutes. When time is up, carefully turn the pressure valve to vent and wait for steam to escape. Slowly raise the sealing lever and press the door release button. Turn fish carefully with a spatula and check for doneness, fish should be opaque in the center when pierced with the tip of a small knife. Remove and cover with foil.
3. Pour fat from the skillet. Transfer the tomato mixture into the skillet in which you cooked the snapper. Add the broth; stir, scraping up pan deposits. Heat to a simmer over medium-high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 1 minute more. Transfer fillets to serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the fish; garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.
Chipotle Chicken Breasts:
• 8 pieces fresh chicken
• 1 large yellow onion, chopped
• 1 pound red bliss potatoes, cut into halves
• 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
• 8 sprigs fresh thyme
• 8 leaves fresh sage
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and set the function to ROAST.
2. Evenly spread chicken and vegetables on a 1/4 sheet pan.
3. Drizzle with the oil and butter and season liberally with salt and pepper.
4. Squeeze lemon juice over all.
5. Place sheet pan in oven in middle position.
6. Set the Pressure Release Valve to SEAL and lower Sealing Lever to the SEAL position.
7. Set the timer to 30 minutes or until food is well browned and the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165°F on a meat thermometer.
8. When time is up turn the Pressure Release Valve to VENT and wait for all air to escape. After vented slowly raise pressure bar and press the Door Release Button to open the Door.
9. Remove from oven and serve hot.