FIRST DOWN DIP
This non-fat dip works with everything from vegetables to wings to an assortment of chips, or even as a topper on chili in place of the standard sour cream.
1 cup non-fat plain yogurt (preferably Greek-style)
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried ancho chili or chipotle chili powder (or a combination of the two)
Combine yogurt, hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder together in a small bowl. This is best made one day ahead so the flavors have time to blend.
BBQ IN A CUP
In the bottom of a cup add a large spoonful of your favorite baked beans. Top this with your favorite BBQ such as pulled pork or pulled chicken. Add a dollop of coleslaw, top with chives and/or crumbled pork rinds and serve.
Note: You can use your own recipes to make the baked beans, BBQ and coleslaw or, to save time, buy these items pre-made.
I boil for 10 mins , cut the ends
slice and toss with TJ garlic olive oil and pepper and then roast for 15 mins .
crumble topwiththe honey goats cheese from TJ
add the Candied walnut and
drizzle good balsalmic vinegar
DIY healthy breakfast egg muffin cups using whatever veggies you have in your fridge. They’re easy to make & perfect for reheating throughout the week!
Source: Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups | Ambitious Kitchen
These loaded baked potatoes make for a fun family meal or party buffet. Satisfy a variety of tastes and diets. Offer lots of toppings or just a few.
Source: Baked Potato Bar
Pairs with: warmed Pita Bread, Multigrain Pita Crackers, Pita Chips (see a trend…?) This easy recipe switches up the traditional Mexican-inspired 7-Layer dip. A variety of textures and a hint of spice make this dip a party pleaser. You might even want to use the dip to fill pita pockets. Sounds like we’re onto something…
Source: Mediterranean Seven-Layer Dip
We will have all the dips!
MARINATED OLIVES WITH ORANGE:
- 2 cups black and green olive blend
- 1/2 cup raw Marcona almonds
- 3 strips orange peel
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, sliced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (cracked)
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns (cracked)
SPICED CARROT DIP:
- 1 and 1/2 pounds carrots (peeled, cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (toasted and finely ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped, to garnish)
WHIPPED RICOTTA SPREAD:
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1/2 cup chives (thinly sliced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
GRILLED RAISIN BREAD AND TOASTED PITA:
- 1 loaf raisin bread (sliced thinly into crostini)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pita bread (cut into wedges, lightly toasted)
- or the Marinated Olives: Place the olives, Marcona almonds and orange peels in a large, clean, heatproof mason jar and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil, vinegar, bay leaf, garlic, thyme leaves, fennel seeds and black peppercorns and place over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Pour warm oil mixture over the olives, and shake to evenly coat the olives. Tighten the lid on the mason jar and allow the olives to marinate in the oil for at least 2 hours before serving.
- For the Spiced Carrot Dip: Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a large sheet of foil, seal into a packet and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove carrots from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Place the carrots in the carafe of a blender with the white wine vinegar and additional olive oil, if necessary, and blend until smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the Whipped Lemon Ricotta Spread: In the bowl of a food processor, add the ricotta, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until the ricotta is lightly whipped. Add the lemon zest and chives and pulse until just combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the Grilled Raisin Bread: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush both sides of the raisin toast with olive oil. Place on the grill and allow to char on both sides until toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- To Serve: Place the carrot dip, ricotta spread and marinated olives the MIXTUR serving bowls and serve with grilled raisin bread and toasted pita wedges.
- Tip: The olives are the perfect addition to any cheese plate and save any leftover dips to spice up a boring sandwich!
Source: The Chew | Grilled Raisin Crostini and Toasted Pita with Marinated Olives, Whipped Ricotta Spread, and Spiced Carrot Dip – ABC.com