Source: Baked Potato Bar
Pairs with: warmed Pita Bread, Multigrain Pita Crackers, Pita Chips (see a trend…?) This easy recipe switches up the traditional Mexican-inspired 7-Layer dip. A variety of textures and a hint of spice make this dip a party pleaser. You might even want to use the dip to fill pita pockets. Sounds like we’re onto something…
Source: Mediterranean Seven-Layer Dip
We will have all the dips!
- 2 cups black and green olive blend
- 1/2 cup raw Marcona almonds
- 3 strips orange peel
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, sliced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (cracked)
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns (cracked)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds carrots (peeled, cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (toasted and finely ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped, to garnish)
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1/2 cup chives (thinly sliced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 loaf raisin bread (sliced thinly into crostini)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pita bread (cut into wedges, lightly toasted)
- or the Marinated Olives: Place the olives, Marcona almonds and orange peels in a large, clean, heatproof mason jar and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil, vinegar, bay leaf, garlic, thyme leaves, fennel seeds and black peppercorns and place over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Pour warm oil mixture over the olives, and shake to evenly coat the olives. Tighten the lid on the mason jar and allow the olives to marinate in the oil for at least 2 hours before serving.
- For the Spiced Carrot Dip: Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a large sheet of foil, seal into a packet and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove carrots from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Place the carrots in the carafe of a blender with the white wine vinegar and additional olive oil, if necessary, and blend until smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the Whipped Lemon Ricotta Spread: In the bowl of a food processor, add the ricotta, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until the ricotta is lightly whipped. Add the lemon zest and chives and pulse until just combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the Grilled Raisin Bread: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush both sides of the raisin toast with olive oil. Place on the grill and allow to char on both sides until toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- To Serve: Place the carrot dip, ricotta spread and marinated olives the MIXTUR serving bowls and serve with grilled raisin bread and toasted pita wedges.
- Tip: The olives are the perfect addition to any cheese plate and save any leftover dips to spice up a boring sandwich!
Perfect app for entertaining!
NOTE: Any sandwich can be made into a a crostini-wich!
Source: Buffalo Chicken Dip