- Four 6- to 7-ounce portions thick pieces of cod or sustainable meaty white fish of choice, OR four 6- to 7-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon juice
- A splash of white wine or dry vermouth, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, or ¾ cup drained semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, crushed or coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion or 2 shallots, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops
- 8 thin slices lemon
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Season fish or chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk up dressing (EVOO, lemon zest and juice, white wine, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano), turn the cod or chicken in it, and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes if you have the time. Combine feta, tomatoes, olives, onions and parsley tops with a fat drizzle of EVOO and salt and pepper. Fill bags or top parchment with a bed of these ingredients, then top with fish or chicken and sliced lemon, roll tightly to seal and roast 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve in pouches.