- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 regular & 1/2 light)
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/3 cup raw sugar & a couple Splenda)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream ( I use light sour cream)
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained – can sub Hominy
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
Important to have the butter soft & the eggs room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I use a large serving fork. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of dried onion and a tablespoon of dried green/red peppers (not the hot kind).
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish or 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until set and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. It usually takes at least 50 to 55 minutes when I bake it in a 13X9 inch glass pan. I turn the pan once at about 35 minutes.
- Enjoy! BTW – You can always leave the sugar out or use less if you’d like.