- 1 1/4 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook baby red potatoes in a pot of boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, 11 to 14 minutes; drain. Halve potatoes.
Meanwhile, simmer peas in a saucepan of water until tender, about 4 minutes; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Crush peas with extra-virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid using a fork. Gradually stir in remaining 2 tablespoons cooking liquid until mixture is thick and chunky.
Toss potatoes with pea mixture, mint leaves, salt and ground pepper. Drizzle with an additional tablespoon oil.