- 4 cups left over mashed potatoes, or Chive and Onion Mashed Potatoes, recipe follows
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more, if needed
In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, 1 cup panko, and beaten egg. Shape the potato mixture into 3-inch patties. Dredge the patties in the remaining 1 cup panko.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the vegetable oil. Add half of the patties and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat the procedure with more oil, if needed, and remaining patties. Serve hot.
Chive and Onion Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
Boil the potatoes until done. Pour the potatoes into a medium bowl and add cream cheese and butter. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes to desired consistency. Serve immediately.