- Always practice using fresh herbs at the end of the recipe because cooking fresh herbs reduces the flavors. Stew and soup recipes require adding fresh herbs about 45 minutes prior to completion of the cooking.
- Dips, dressings and cheeses with fresh herbs require making the dish several hours before eating the dish.
- Mild flavored recipes like salads can be dressed with a mixture of fresh parsley, chives, chervil and tarragon.
- While mixing fresh herbs, use only one highly flavored fresh herb along with 1-2 lightly flavored fresh herbs.
- Fresh herbs should be at room temperature when they are used for cold dishes.