- 4 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- Cumin Dusted Tortillas, recipe follows
Combine all ingredients in a molcajete and mix to a chunky consistency. Season, to taste, with salt, pepper, and cilantro. Serve immediately with cumin tortilla chips.
Cumin Dusted Tortillas:
- Peanut oil, for deep frying
- 12 flour and/or blue corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a high-sided saute pan to 360 degrees F.
Fry the tortillas, in batches, until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season immediately with cumin and salt.