- 24 bite-size new potatoes, scrubbed, with a tiny sliver cut off each potato so they will stand after filling
- 1 (5-ounce) package soft garlic herb cheese (recommended: Boursin)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Red caviar, for garnish, optional
In a large pot with plenty of salted water, boil the potatoes until they are tender when a fork is inserted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and let the potatoes cool until you can handle them.
With a melon baller, remove a scoop from each potato. Combine the cheese, butter, and cream. Taste, and add salt and pepper, as needed. Spoon or pipe the cheese mixture into the potatoes.
Stand potatoes on cut end on a platter to serve