- 1 ham bone with some meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 4 cups water
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- Place the ham bone, onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, kidney beans, potatoes, and green pepper into a 3 quart or larger slow cooker. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water, and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High until warm. Reduce heat to low, and continue to cook for 5 to 6 hours.